Functions of ORIC
• To work under the directions of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC).
• To conduct meetings with collaboration of HEC.
• To promote industrial linkage and technology transfer.
• To promote research culture at the University in particular.
• To identify and inform the faculty about the research grants opportunities for them to apply and then assist them in acquiring funds from international and national funding agencies.
• To keep track of all the researches carried out in the university by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and therefore translating the research into the public benefit.
• To deal with plagiarism cases and to advance an anti-plagiarism culture via powerful software for detecting plagiarism i.e. Turnitin.
• To arranging seminars and workshops for the university’s students and faculty members.