Quality Enchancement Cell
Provision of quality education at LUAWMS to make it at par with the international academic universities/organizations.
Enhancing quality of academic programs through various assessment procedures and adopting recent trends in teaching and research to the satisfaction level of all stakeholders.
Objectives of QEC
The objective of QEC is to enhance the quality of education imparted, knowledge & skills transferred to the graduating and post graduating students from the institution. The QEC is to develop capacity building of the faculty and staff members, and to improve the progress for enhancement of the quality of education. The main objectives of QEC can be summarized as;
- To improve the quality of education imparted, knowledge & skills transferred to the passing out students.
- To produce all the reports required to Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of HEC time to time.
- To develop the data base of students, Faculty Members, facilities and services available in the institution.
- To play proactive role for organizing the workshops, seminars and training events that are designed for capacity building and skill development of teachers and students.
- To learn from others 'experience and get adapted best practices of others.
- To present the real picture of institution before the rector and management instead of presenting a rosy picture before them.
- To conduct the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) exercise and analysis periodically to monitor the change and output of decision made.
To search the learning opportunities for Faculty members and display on all notice Boards of the institution.
- To form the Alumni of the Graduates of the institution to provide the joint forum of communication among themselves and inter university.
- To develop the liaison with print media personnel for the proper dissemination of information.
- To build the close communication & linkage with other universities for the sake sharing the good practices and learning from each other’s' experiences.
- In simple words "To Enhance the honor & value of Degree awarded by the institution" at national and International Market.
Functions/ Responsibilities of Quality Enhancement Cell, LUAWMS
The major responsibilities of this directorate are;
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards by auditing academic standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliation with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect form candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e., Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Masters, M.Phil. and Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s. M.Phil. and Ph.D degree programs.
- Subject review
- Institutional audit
- Qualification framework