Vice-Chancellor LUAWMSDr. Dost Muhammad Baloch
I am confident of my team and Inshalah we will be able to produce a LUAWMSIAN brand of professionals who would be........
Why LUAWMSLasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, located in the historic and magnificent district of Lasbela, Balochistan, is truly a comprehensive institution of higher education with enduring commitment to achieve excellence in higher education, innovative technology, cutting-edge research, and superior public service.
LUAWMS is dedicated to prepare its graduates for successful careers and enable them to play a constructive role in progressing social inclusion, economic prosperity, and environmental quality.
Workshops and Training
Call For Papers
- On Campus Trainings
- Indigenous On Campus Trainings (IOT) 2015 (Phase II) financed by LID, HEC will be conducted in December 2015. This was stated by Worthy VICE Chancellor, LUAWMS Prof. Dr Dost Muhammad Baloch who nominated Director QEC Dr Illahi Bakhsh Marghazani as “Course Coordinator” to organize these trainings for the non teaching employees. In this context, the first training on “Good Governance” is scheduled from 1-3rd December, 2015 whilst the second training on “Finance and Audit” will be conducted from 8-10th December, 2015. The high profiled and skilled resource persons Mr. Manzoor Hussain (Additional Registrar, HRM and Academics BUITEMS) and Mr. Mahfooz Ali Khan (Rtd. Accountant General, Balochistan) will serve as Principal Trainers for the IOT-1 and IOT-2, respectively. Worthy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. Dost Muhammad Baloch added that university is applying multi-dimensional approach for improving the quality of faculty members as well as management staff. These IOTs will be highly productive for the head of management sections/departments and particularly for those who recently started their carriers in the LUAWMS
- HEC FOREIGN / SPLIT / LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani and AJ&K National for the award of scholarships in selected fields under H.E.C approved projects. All scholarships will be awarded on open merit. For detailed advertisement and application form please click here
- Conference on higher education in GC University Faisalabad
- Dr Nasir Abbas Head of Department of English Language and Literature in LUAWMS, participates as a keynote speaker in a conference on higher education in GC University Faisalabad.
- WALK IN INTERVIEW
- Applications are invited form the suitable candidates for the following vacant position under the project titled” Diversity of marine yeasts in mangrove ecosystem of Balochistan coast and their exploitation for potential applications such as killer toxin production against emerging pathogens such as Metschnikowia bicuspidata of aquatic organisms” Funded by HEC. For more details please click here
- Two Days Cascading Workshop on “Communication Skills and Generic Research”
- QEC-LUAWMS in collaboration with Faculty of Marine Sciences is going to conduct two days cascading workshop on “Communication Skills and Generic Research” from 28th-29th October, 2014. Miss Rubina Manzoor (Principal Coordinator Workshop) and Dr. Manzoor Ahmad (Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences & Information Technology) will be the resource persons of the workshop. While approving the conducting of workshop, Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Dost Muhammad Baloch stated that fresh faculty members will acquire maximum skills from the workshop and will definitely strengthen their overall effectiveness across the curriculum..
- Seminar on “Feeding the World” in connection with World Food Day
- Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), LUAWMS organized seminar on “Feeding the World” in connection with “World Food Day” on 16th October, 2014. Prof. Dr. Ghulam Gilani, Dr. Nusrullah Bangulzai, Dr. M Aslam Buzdar, Dr. Hameed and Dr. Hanif –ur-Rehman presented their reviews/status papers with reference to subject. The seminar was coordinated by Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Marine Sciences, Health, Education, Agriculture, Livestock Upgradation Program (HEAL UP)-Balochistan and Vets Care Society (VCS)-LUAWMS
- Call For Papers
- English Department Lasbela University Uthal Balochistan is planning to publish the next issue of journal of linguistics in May, 2014. This is a peer reviewed journal in the process of trial publications. After its second issue, it will be submitted for accreditation to HEC. After receiving accreditation, the back issues may also be accepted as recognized publications by the HEC. We invite research papers related to the fields of linguistics. Please Click Here for details.