Information Technology section
1. Introduction 2.Staff Profile
Why Information Technology
The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential. . The Department of IT,LUAWMS, is working with highly qualified and skilled personals to provide, maintain and manage the IT infrastructure of the university. One of the primary objectives is to facilitate all the departments in both their educational and training activates relevant to computers and Information Technology. It has become a dire need of the university to create and cater an environment in which the faculty and students can communicate and collaborate with each other by using modern state of the art technologies. The IT Services department provides the internet facility constitutes of 50Mbps fiber optic link by Wateen from HEC. Wi-Fi/wireless internet/intranet facility is also provided to employees and students in their all over the campus with out any delay.
Information Technology Section is committed to provide computing, telecommunications, networking setup and audio visual sustenance to academic and administrative programs. The information technology staff researches and implements, solutions in effective, efficient with cost effective manner that enhances the university’s ability to provide a quality education for students and a gives administrators and faculty the means to operate successfully.
LUAWMS Information Technology Section will be a recognized center of distinction in information technology world to inspire the exchange and creation of knowledge. Information will exist in an integrated environment that nurtures an open, collaborative, and unifying culture..
The Services managed by Department of IT are:
- • Network Administration
- • System Administration
- • Web Administration
- • Email Administration
- • Video conferencing
- • Internet connectivity (PERN-II 50 MB/s)
- • Wireless connectivity across campus
- • Voip Solution
- • Surveillance Systems – 24/7 Campus Security & Video Surveillance
- • Telephone connectivity across the campus offices faculties and hostels
Projects (In Development)
- • Establishment of Command and control centerCenter
- • Upgrading the Campus Internet connectivity
- • Starting Computer Science students internship program
- • Launched LUAWMS new Website[In house developed,attractive and has user friendly design and structure]
- • LUAWMS Automated System[ An in house developed software for student and management information]